Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cooking with "My Main Squeeze" Round 2

So last night we decided that tonight would be round 2 for Cooking with "My Main Squeeze." When we were discussing what we would like to cook, Pudge suggested a "vegetarian" meal. WHAT?!?!? Prior to our marriage, the only vegetable my husband ate was "little green peas," aka English peas. As the years have gone by and the size of his waistline has gone down, he has grown from LIKING "little green peas" to just about LOVING any vegetable! This makes me SOO happy! I am a vegetable girl! But, the boy still loves him some meat and taters! Anyways, after I picked my jaw up off the floor after the vegetarian night comment, I got to looking through recipes to find the perfect recipes for us. We decided to forgo the dessert for tonight in an effort to watch our waistline.

So here was the menu for the evening:

Summer Fruit Salad
Fresh Corn Salad
Summer Chopped Salad with Garbanzo Beans
(You can print all the recipes here!)

This meal required LOTS of chopping!
Chopping away on those tomatoes!



I see you!
The salads had a vinegarette on them, so yummy!
There he is, "my main squeeze!"
I couldn't find any basil in the grocery store, so I called my sweet friends Chris and Julie. They have a beautiful garden and they were so kind to give us some basil, as well as some bell peppers, cucumbers, mint, and chocolate mint! Mmmm it all smells so yummy! Thanks Chris and Julie!
I love this girl! She was my first discipleship leader in high school and she and Chris did our marriage counseling! Julie you encourage me so much in my walk with Christ and I am so grateful that the Lord put you in my life!
Pudge cutting up a pineapple!
Cutting up that fresh basil!
Summer Chopped Salad with Garbanzo Beans
Fresh Corn Salad
Summer Fruit Salad
Plates full and oh so colorful.....
All gone!

So round 2 was excellent and I'm so glad Pudge made the choice to do a "vegetarian" night. Our favorite salad was the corn salad! Until next month.....

1 comment:

  1. YUM YUM YUM! Thanks for sharing the recipes- the corn salad is calling my name! Yall are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete