Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pound Cake

I hope everyone is having a great week! I know school ends this week for alot of people and one of those includes my favorite teacher and sister, Mrs. Blackman.....soon to be Mrs. Kittrell! I cannot wait to spend LOTS of time this summer together and help her plan her wedding! I want to leave you with a yummy recipe today for a pound cake. I've made LOTS of different kinds of pound cakes, but this one wins hands down everytime. It can me served plain, with fruit on top, with ice cream, with cool whip, with HOMEMADE whip cream (yummy), or with all of the above! Hope you enjoy!

Sour Cream Pound Cake

3 sticks butter

3 cups sugar

6 eggs

3 cups Swan’s down cake flour

1 cup of sour cream

1 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat 1 minute after each egg. Add 1/3 of flour then ½ of sour cream. Beat well. Add 1/3 flour and beat. Add ½ sour cream and 1/3 of flour. Add vanilla and beat well. Bake 300 degrees for 2 hours.

Print this recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. OK! I just found your blog! I am way late but excited about following you. You and your mom keep me up to date on Pinterest- I don't have to look for cute things because you guys find them for me! I tried you on fb- are you not on there? Thanks for your sweet comment! I recommend you and your friends read the book 1,000 Gifts!

    ReplyDelete